Re: Oddities in pipeio

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
AlexXX said...

Thank you, capture_console.exw in Windows XP works without problems

Good to know, that's my biggest worry gone.

AlexXX said...

the code is very chaotic, I'm afraid that I myself will not be able to make a library out of it.

I didn't expect you to. I'll make a start by extracting code from capture_console.exw to a new builtins/pipeio.e here and getting that all working.
I will let you know when I've finished (the first round of) those changes and uploaded them to github. I might even make a start on the docs.
You are the first person (in recent times) that has expressed a need for this, in Phix, which is why it has not already been done, is all.

AlexXX said...

p.s. Perhaps I will say something stupid, but it can make 2 library files for Windows and Linux OS and connect them by condition, for example:

if platform()=WINDOWS then include pipeio_w.e else pipeio_l.e.

You're quite right, that's not the best suggestion. blink
Don't worry about it, it is my job to make a single builtins/pipeio.e that can be used seamlessly, and with no significant efficiency or binary output size overheads.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu