Re: Phix 0.8.3 uploaded

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
petelomax said...
kinz said...

It is Win7max 8gb, 64.

Sorry, I have no way to test that. Mind you, given that XP is fine I suspect it would work anyway - more likely it is something about your specific pc.

Ok, I have pure IBM NetVista of 2002 here and now but with added SATA+SSD instead of IDE. WinXP+SP3.
And I have Packard Bell oneTwo L5351. Win7+SP1.
Plus I have Lenovo IdeaPad 330. Win10 of 2021.

What of these above you can recommend to try Phix?

petelomax said...
kinz said...

What is procmon?
What is ollydbg?

Seriously, no Google, no Yandex?
Nevermind, procmon is a low-level monitoring tool. It produces vast quantities of largely irrelevant data, including lots of things that look like errors but it recovered from them (esp include files). However, stopping it asap, and looking at the end of the list just might show up something interesting. You can use right click to filter out irrelevent programs and/or paths, if that helps.
Ollydbg is a debugger. Run it and open the executable with File/Open, then Debug/Play or F9 to carry on. There might be something visible in the callstack, and you can use View/Memory to get an idea of where the failure address is. Don't expect miracles. Try it. Give up. Sleep on it. Repeat.

There is a very strong possibility, in fact probability, that you'll get nowhere with either of those tools.

So, Phix is self hosted, but needs for now some low level debuggers just to run it on my machine (oneTwo L5351) ?

Regards

kinz

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu