Re: Is Phix the new de facto standard for Eu programmers?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
katsmeow said...

I can agree with you, Greg, that having modern features in OE would be helpful, despite those who say OE should be as simplistic as RobC intended Euphoria to be in version 1.0 some 20+ years ago. I have said OE needs bigger steps beyond other languages. What you and i have in common, in terms of modernising OE, is that the current users of OE have no need of any new features. Do you realise that when i put out strtok that no mainstream language had that library, and they added it quickly, but it was years later OE officially added the functionality to the language?

I respect your contributions and efforts Greg, and ditto to Pete and Phix, and Matt-Derek-Jiri-DavidC-etc, but while playing catch-up to other languages, can you also please leapfrog them? And by "leapfrog" i mean also add the functions (by the same or different means) enjoyed by programmers 40 years ago.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. If Euphoria has any chance to survive in the future, it needs to move ahead and not just play catch-up.

Can you do me a huge favor? Would it be possible to put together a list of these ideas and improvements for modernizing Euphoria? Either post it here or email me directly if you wish.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu