Re: [phix] what is a hybrid interpreter compiler?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
katsmeow said...

Pascal for many years, PHP on a remote server, mirc of course. Different Basics starting in ~1978. Z80, 8035, 6502, 8086 machine code. Too many incompatable versions of Python. Lua and Scheme and Haskel made me concentrate more on the programming language than on the task. And whatever that was HP used on their industrial contollers. Also projects that used 100's of ttl and ecl per project, and IEEE-488/HPIB "language" back in the day.

I really liked Lua when I was playing around with it. I've not done much with Python because I always heard it was so slow and (when I was looking) it had no good GUI implementations or integrations. I'm sure much has changed since then.

katsmeow said...

Also... jimcbrown , the shared vars could have been used to let OE execute strings, which was roundly shot down more than once... I'm in my 60's. No one is going to improve OE enough in the time i have left.

Sounds like you need to bend Pete's ear and make some suggestions for Phix. With its in-built threads and possibility of integrating assembly, you might could approach your lofty dreams and whims. It would be interesting to see how far you could go.

Or... maybe... fork Euphoria and make it do what you want. That might be your penultimate pathway!

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu