Re: Is Phix the new de facto standard for Eu programmers?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

A clone of Euphoria, nothing more?

Sorry, I disagree.

What I see is a more efficient and more versatile implementation of the Euphoria concept, with the addition of things people have been asking for over the years, but never got.

What about structures and classes? These are very useful, no version of Eu has them. Try/catch?

What about compiling large programs in less than 1 second? Phix does, Euphoria has always been slow, and later versions are extremely slow.

As for "There are registered users of Euphoria 2.5 and earlier in 67 countries!" - that's completely irrelevant. Most of those long ago moved to other languages (or died of old age).

"Where are the registered users of Eu or Phix?" There is no register!

I do agree that Eu 2.x and 3.x are simple and stable. The problem is, people in this century expect complex programs. Complex programs can be written in a simple language (with a great deal of wasted effort).

It's also possible to build a car, starting out with re-inventing the wheel. It's generally more productive and less risky to just use existing wheels and other parts rather than designing, building, and testing your own.

If Elon Musk had said "I'm going to make an electric car", and started by building a plant to manufacture rubber for the tires, he would be broke by now.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu