Re: [pete] pcan wiki

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Looks fine. (new h i/c), (an/the, br), (eu -> 2 lines) - all fine/agreed.
(1.0) - Quite right, that is an internal truth to me that nobody else needs to know or will ever care about.
(too dense) - Agreed, I pile in everything that might be useful, feel free to delete anything not. Less words === better.
How about: A Phix object is simply any data, be that a primitive integer, string, routine_id, dictionary, class instance, or even a nested sequence of any mix of them.
(graphics) - hmm, ascii art is so last century, surely we can do better.
"points to the corresponding collective data structure" - not sure about that one.
too much detail about 0-based indexing - agreed
python - nicely written, not sure if it makes for a good wp reference: https://railsware.com/blog/python-for-machine-learning-indexing-and-slicing-for-lists-tuples-strings-and-other-sequential-types/

my quick python tutorial:

>>> nums = [10, 20, 30, 40, 50] 
>>> nums[0:1] 
[10] 
>>> nums[0] 
>>> nums[-1] 
>>> nums[-1:] 
[50] 
>>> nums[-1:-1] 
[] 
>>> nums[-1:0] 
[] 
>>> nums[-1:4] 
[] 
>>> nums[-1:5] 
[50] 
>>> nums[-1:6] 
[50] 
>>> nums[-1:9999] 
[50] 
>>> nums[0:9999] 
[10, 20, 30, 40, 50] 

Interestingly, (I never knew this, cmiiw) while you can omit the end slice to get the last element, in python there is no negative slice end index that you can specify to get it...
Anyway, that's no help is it, we're supposed to be trying to cut this thing down! (Everything possible with 1-based indexes is doable with 0-based, apart from ^that^, and crash-on-0)
If you can imagine it, then it is possible.
we can't gloat about this in a wikipedia article - true
don't care about the trick --/* style since wikipedia does not need this detail - true
a double hyphen, a C-style, probably.
"obviously" - yep, kill 'em all, they are completely unnecessary.
Phix has OOP, that should be enough to appease the unwashed - true
sounds a bit like advertising - agreed
cathartic - certainly.

Don't worry about trashing stuff - I could probably use some of it to put on my web page anyway...

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu