Re: Is Phix the new de facto standard for Eu programmers?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
euphoric said...

Pete doesn't like namespaces

True. Increased ambiguity, increased potential for mishap, resolving multiple instances within a component requires replicating the include structure, potential for help lookup to go wrong.
When namespaces are used for their original intended purpose, to resolve conflicts without having to modify 3rd party code, that's fine. Anything that threatens or weakens that is not a good idea.
The include system is subtly different between Euphoria and Phix, so you're just asking for trouble. If you can stomach myLib_new() over myLib:new(), you should. </rant>

euphoric said...

Will Phix reach a version 1.0?

I have retrospectively nominated 0.8.0 as the "1.0" moment, in my very biased opinion it (well, certainly 0.8.1) genuinely deserved it. The next release will be 1.0.3, or maybe 1.1

euphoric said...

It would be interesting to see if Pete has a multi-year plan or if he's just taking it day by day.

Yes I have a plan, and it's going quite well, but it's very ambitious and I'm not saying any more than that.

euphoric said...

will more than 10 people use either?

I've just counted 20 Phix users active in the last 12 months off the top of my head, still small but a definite increase on the year before.

euphoric said...

make RAD real. For example, if Microsoft gives us the MAUI they prophesy, it's going to be hard to beat. That's a big if, but a huge reward if they accomplish what they set out to do!

Good luck with that! I had a little lookie, more than a touch of deja vu, and more than a little giggle, when they got to the obligatory "This button has been clicked 1 times" demo, superficially renamed as "Today I will add 18 lines of code", which is another good joke all by itself!

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu