Re: wikipedia draft

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
petelomax said...

Fair point, in that there was no proper mention of goto or the #ilASM replacement anywhere at all in the manual. Not everyone has read pops.e (see line 1117), I guess...

Ok, read. To address your concerns...

I am guessing, but i suspect the labels in OE are in quotes, being strings, to avoid the possibility of them being reserved names of anything. However, and you are in a better position than me to test this, this feature prohibits the ability to goto the value of a variable.

words = {"apple","tree","cow"} 
goto words[1] 
:tree -- code for trees 
:apple -- code for apples 

I 100% agree major code boundries should not be crossed.

All the existing flow control loops go backwards, and i suspect if i checked, all but one or two of my uses of goto will be forwards, but this doesn't mean i'd prohibit back jumps. It's just that if i know i will be making a jump back, i can use a loop construct that does that. If you can admit while 1 do ... break ... end while is legal, and break is a forwards jump?

Kat

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu