Re: wikipedia draft

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Suggestion:

as clone of Euphoria, but written in assembly language. Phix is self-hosting and can re-compile itself.

->

as a clone of Euphoria, initialy written in assembly language but now in Phix itself, ie fully self-hosted and open source. To re-compile Phix from source simply run `p -cp`. No other compilers or similar tools need to be installed.

Another:

The use of explicitly tagged ends, such as "if ... then ... end if", while much more verbose than (say) "if (...) { }", catches many more errors and slip-ups, and avoids problems such as the [[Dangling_else|dangling else]].

(obviously that last link will actually link to dangling else, when the { { { } } } are removed)

Another:

Robert Craig wrote ... compilers).

->

Robert Craig released the first version of [[Euphoria_(programming_language)|Euphoria]] in July 1993.

(likewise Euphoria for that link, I think the full paragraph is/was too much needlessly replicated and largely irrelevant detail)

PS Please don't misinterpret all this as brow-beating, should you reject every single one of my suggestions, as is your right, I will simply live with it.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu