Re: Happy Holidays

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
irv said...

White Christmas here in Georgia! 18 degrees F. Doesn't happen often.

I remember times in Georgia, when power was out for a week at a time, a foot of snow or inches of ice shutting down Atlanta interstates, 6 inches of ice on the lake, and down SE coast seeing ice in the marshes. I remember pulling people out of snow banks with my truck, and budgetting a week missing work each winter. And carrying a shovel and snow chains. I remember Macon one winter, unable to leave the interstate because the snow ruts left by 18-wheelers were too deep on the highway to turn to the exits. I remember one day outside Atlanta it was 70F in the morning, 60F at noon, and 20F with an inch of ice on everything by 5pm, there was one car in the swimming pool, 1977, iirc. Even without snow, i remember weeks when it didn't get above 32F. So stock firewood like you will need to burn it for 6 months!

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu