Re: TAB KEY

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
SDPringle said...

So why should we be able to distinguish CNTRL+I from the TAB key? The community has spoken. Let's change things back.

If it were possible, I can see it being useful. Some games might want to use TAB to switch between different views (Map Mode, FPS POV, etc) while reserving control+I for some kind of action shortcut (Invite Friend to Battle for example?).

Not saying that this necessarily be the default behaviour, but if we could have a toggle - like console:key_codes() ...

SDPringle said...

Since the value of TAB as a character is indistinguishable from CNTRL+I, I believe the intention was to give get_key() the ability to distinguish CNTRL+I with TAB keystrokes.

Have you actually tested this though? I no longer have Windoze and can't try it out myself, but based on the implementation I'd expect getting a Control+I with get_key() on that platform to return 1015936.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu