Re: Novice Level Project - simple, fun and useful

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Senator said...

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have tried to convert to integer storage and display of floating point data using Pete's bankers_rounding function.

Unfortunately I discovered a problem with corrupted line warnings escalating to a crash in display of my main table, register, data. I do not think the problem is related to my converting all my monetary data storage to integers. I just didn't notice the debug.log until I started gathering the program files to post here.

And things were going so well. Here is some excerpts from debug.logs and db_dumps. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

... ...

Regards, Ken

As much as possible I use CSV files for storing data. Each time the file is loaded the program verifies the syntax (occasionally some semantics too) of each field in each line. The file itself is human-readable so corrupt data can't really hide anywhere.

Spock

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu