Re: Desktop Calculator

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
achury said...

...to do a simple table with 5 rows and 3 columns.

I would like a small and simple spreadsheet, may be on a text console window, that open as quick as the calculator, but offer the ability to introduce formulas to calculate several row at once.

A lot of software projects grow and develop but never seem to settle down to some target. They get more features but also get slower and bigger, because you are going to make more money from people who are buying new machines rather than from people who like to hold on to a computer until it dies. I think those with enough money generally buy computers every three years. We, Euphoria developers, developed Euphoria so it would run on software as early as Windows 95. Even loading Internet capability dynamically so it would work on computers that didn't have Winsock installed. We had to let DOS die because there were no active tester/developers running DOS

I think most computers that are as old as ten years could run a calculator described by Pete fast and without breaking a sweat. If you want a spreadsheet that is fast and efficient, you'll save yourself time just downloading one. Download something that has a modest computer target or a newer spreadsheet project that hasn't become really big and really slow yet.

It sounds like a conversation I had with someone by the name of Emanuel who said he preferred SC, which is much faster even though it doesn't have all of the features of other spreadsheet programs. There is no accounting for taste. You might like it or you might hate it. https://www.linuxjournal.com/article/10699

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu