Re: Off Topic: Some random thoughts...

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...
irv said...

And I'm still missing food that I can identify.

I confess that I'm a bit surprised by this part. Are you not able to get fresh fruit and veggies delivered by Instacart? Can you not order delivery from restaurants? Even pizza delivery is out?

Yes I'm not, no, and yes it is.

No delivery services here except Post Office UPS and Fed Ex. I could pick up from restaurants, except that the restaurants which serve good food (the locally-owned "Mom and Pop" types) have all closed and many have already closed permanently. The "you want fries with that?" chains have drive-thru service, and I can pick up pizza. But "man cannot live on grease alone" to paraphrase something someone once said.

So i get healthy meals delivered via UPS. Unfortunately, "healthy" seems to mean "lots of leftover bits of vegetables mixed with rice in a bowl". It probably is healthy, I've lost 15 lbs. I'm just not sure what I'm eating, and miss tasting the individual flavors of vegetables properly prepared.

But this too shall pass. Soylent green, anyone?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu