Re: Off Topic: Some random thoughts...

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
irv said...

To be serious, this has set the idea of public transportation back significantly. If anything this will result in more people buying their own cars.

I agree completely. Not that I'm happy about it, but right now there are much bigger problems to solve, obviously.

irv said...

the number of available flights have been cut back.

Yup. Air travel hasn't been eliminated outright but it is down significantly.

irv said...

I know that AOC wants these changes to be permanent, but this "trial run" we're experiencing right now has not helped sell the idea to the public.

Hmm. Actually, I haven't seen much in the way of people comparing the current situation to the GND.

I have seen a bit of people saying, "Wow! Look, the fish are back now that no one is using the river" but even then, no one seems to be making the connection to GND or even to global warming.

irv said...

And I'm still missing food that I can identify.

I confess that I'm a bit surprised by this part. Are you not able to get fresh fruit and veggies delivered by Instacart? Can you not order delivery from restaurants? Even pizza delivery is out?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu