Re: Message-passing framework and 'actor' objects

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Here are my thoughts, based on my understanding of the actor and message-passing patterns. I'm not too familiar with them so excuse my ignorance if that's the case.

You could probably design pluggable actor library, where you can register new actor types and then assign their required functions. I'd use maps to maps to create actor objects and assign their registered actor type and other properties, and pass the actor into the message passing interface. This is basically what I'm doing in mvc/model.e for Euphoria MVC.

For a message passing interface, would something like ZeroMQ or Redis work? ZeroMQ would allow you to spin up your own services and then pass messages around in a variety of patterns (pub/sub, etc.). Redis is a little similar, and has its own server, where you could post messages to a given key (the actor or actor type, probably) and then poll for them in some client service.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu