Re: [docs] How do I use Github?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
_tom said...

Many examples, still, do not satisfy basic cut-paste-run.

The clarity of explanations could be improved.

Make a ticket with examples/clear explanations so I can easily cut/paste it into the docs.

_tom said...

I want hashtags for every topic to make writing documentation easier, to make searching easier, and to make indexing documentation easier.

I'm not sure categorizing with hashtags is useful in documentation, but I could be wrong! Can you expand on this a bit?

_tom said...

Multiple authors will never create uniform formatting--one person will ultimately have to go over all of the docs.

Documentation has to be re-written continuously, not written.

This is true.

_tom said...

I have a fork on my computer that I can not merge into my Github repository fork of the true Euphoria; which I turn I cannot merge into the true Euphoria source.

This is just a matter of learning git. I'm doing all of that. I have a fork. I push changes. I then make a pull request and merge those changes into Euphoria/euphoria. It's smooth and easy, but not simple and quick. grin

_tom said...

There are a bunch of tickets marked "fixed" which I do not consider to be fixed. Do I enter a ticket to report these tickets?

I'm not sure what the standard operating procedure is for this. Maybe Greg can comment.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu