Re: [docs] How do I use Github?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
euphoric said...
_tom said...

The question remains. What is the workflow?

Two methods:

Fork Euphoria

Or

write tickets

Forking is crazy - there is 100% chance that someone will introduce at least one error into the source, so there will need to be intensive testing before the release. Plus there will be multiple versions of the docs, so someone has to decide which version is the most appropriate and accurate, then merge them all.

Tickets are the only way as long as the misguided idea of trying to produce accurate and useful docs from markup in the source remains the rule. It can't work, and if I had tried that in my former job, I'd have been fired.

Look at the source and see how you have to wade thru the "documentation" to find the actual working code. It's unhelpful, it's so limited that it can never produce modern, attractive and informative documentation, and I don't want to bother supporting the idea any further.

I wonder who made up this rule that "here docs" were the only acceptable option and no others should be considered?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu