Re: [docs] Any ideas on using Google Docs for collaboration?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
euphoric said...
_tom said...

Could we use Google docs as a central location for editing documentation?

The idea is that everyone could edit a copy of the source-code directly. A running copy of a pdf made from these changes would be available at the same location.

The only options for now are to create tickets for any issues*, or make the changes to the source yourself.

* You might need developer-role permission to create tickets for the documentation, so just ask in the above thread. We should be able to get that for you.

Why the insistence on making what should be a collaborative effort darn near impossible for anyone to use?

In addition, if I change the source code, what are the chances that my changes will be incorporated into the release? If I create tickets, what are the chances that something will actually be done about the problem?

Worst of all - what are the chances that - by allowing me to modify the source code - I will introduce errors in Euphoria?

What, may I ask, is wrong with letting people who actually care about correcting the documentation, correct the documentation without giving them a chance to damage working source code?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu