Re: GUI libraries

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
petelomax said...

My biggest beef with GTK is that it has dropped 32-bit support on Windows!

From GTK https://www.gtk.org/download/windows.php

Using GTK from MSYS2 packages 
Installation 

The MSYS2 project provides a UNIX-like development environment for Windows. It provides packages for many software applications and libraries, including the GTK stack. If you prefer developing using Visual Studio, you may be better off installing GTK from vcpkg instead. 

In MSYS2 packages are installed using the pacman package manager. 

Note: in the following steps, we will assume you're using a 64-bit Windows. Therefore, the package names include the x86_64 architecture identifier.  

If you're using a 32-bit Windows, please adapt the instructions below using the i686 architecture identifier. 

My biggest beef with Windows is that this OS has dropped 32-bit support on computers.

Windows never worked on my netbook. The Windows specification said a netbook must be limited to 1G ram. Then, since Windows did not work, they finally said that the word "netbook" must never be mentioned again (taken from official Microsoft documentation guidelines).

Hp discretely put a second memory slot in my netbook and make it easy to add memory and a SSD. Still works (with relaxed performance) using Mint Linux.

_tom

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu