Re: No one cares?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
euphoric said...

I understand the docs aren't currently set up to allow easy modification by users, but this is simply how it is right now.

Greg is hard at work making things better; but, for now, this is the way it is.

How to contribute modifications to the Euphoria documentation.

For the past week or so, the docs have been available for editing by anyone who is registered here, and they are pretty easy to edit. I've fixed several (couple of dozen) - mostly std/console and std/convert, along with part of the "Welcome" pages.

The idea is to correct any typos and update the demos so they work by cutting and pasting the demo code.

Very few (maybe 1 out of 100) work in the current docs, and when they don't, a newcomer is entitled to assume that Euphoria is "broken".

It's been that way for years, and the only reason those problems haven't been fixed long ago is that the docs are generated from the source code comments, which leave out some very important details, and can't easily be fixed (as you point out).

The links to edit these was on the main Wiki page, which disappeared last night for some reason. I'm sure it will be restored soon. In the interim, here are the links:

https://openeuphoria.org/wiki/pagelist.wc

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu