Re: [ libui ] can't open .so

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Unfortunately, there are a few things going on here:

Problem 1: A typo

Yes, sorry, the ui.e library looks for libui.so.0 but the included file is named libui.so. My bad. Please rename one or the other. I will fix this in a future release.

Problem 2: Missing libraries

You may be missing a library that libui.so is linked to. Run ldd libui.so | grep 'not found' and see if anything is listed there.

However, if you're on Debian/Ubuntu/Mint this is unlikely to be a problem and libui should work out of the box.

Problem 3: Euphoria 4.1 is broken

The current Euphoria 4.1.0 build does not have its rpath set to include the local directory. This is a relatively simple fix and will be corrected when I release 4.2.

In a pinch, you can just run cd examples; LD_LIBRARY_PATH=../bin eui controlgallery.ex and it would work (assuming you fixed problem #1 above).

In the mean time, here's a more permanent solution I would recommend:

1. Put any additional libraries (e.g. libui.so) you want to use in your Euphoria bin directory.
  2. Edit your ~/.profile file and add export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/bin to the end.
  3. Log out and back in for the changes to take effect.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu