Re: Roadmap to Euphoria 4.2

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimbrown (in another thread) said...

Watcom no longer works. Hasn't in years. (For 4.1)

Yet the manual indicates otherwise:

6.4.2 C Compilers Supported

The Translator currently works with GNU C on Unix-like OSes, GNU C on Windows from MinGW or Cygwin using the -gcc option and with Watcom C (the default) on Windows. These are all free compilers.

GNU C will exist already on your Unix system. The others can be downloaded from their respective Web sites.

... So two corrections are needed in that one section.

It hasn't been changed, even though parts have been inaccurate "for years".

So, sorry if this seems rude, but why should we spend a lot of time checking and correcting the docs if even this small but important correction hasn't been made in years?

Suggestion: give me the necessary passwords to edit the on-line docs, and I'll fix that, as well as making other corrections people post here (once discussed and agreed upon). As far as I can tell, most programming languages have their most up-to-date documentation on-line - not with the download. Which only seems reasonable. People can't find and document bugs until the release has been used.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu