Re: About parallelism

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Hi, Thanks for the comments.

Yes when I launch 7 time my app, every instance runs nearly at the same speed as if there was only one. I shall definitely look at the leak.ex, and if every instance can talk together, then it might be a solution. As you said I need then to write a supervisor. I shall work on that.

The idea behind that is :

1- I want to continue to developp using Euphoria, and his interpreter, working in sequential mode.

2- I only need using parallelism for the compiled version.

3- Open Mp seems a good (if not perfect) solution since it is supported by GCC whitch I Use ! What I have to do is to insert in my Eucode the #openmp commands before the loops I want to be parallelized.

So I make a suggestion

1 - Could the interpreter just ignore the #openmp commands

2 - Could the Euc replicate the #openmp commands in the c code - assuming the Gcc shall compile those commands

So I can continue with a unique code to work with Eu in a sequential mode and still benefit of parallelism for the final executable Is this realistic ?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu