Re: About parallelism

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
clkeriolet said...

Hello everybody, As many of you can see, AI subjects needs parallel processing. So the question is : how can we deal with that using Euphoria ? I saw on previous posts a wierd discussion about OpenMP. From what I have understood, OpenMP only says "split and process your loops on more avalaible hardware to improve execution speed". We all have multi core processors, without speaking about the graphic cards. I have been trough the multitasking section of the Eu manual, but it does'nt seems to use other threads&cores. Phix seems to have a set of intructions to use threads. I works since years on a nice AI software written in Eu, and I meet this problem. It is a sequential software, and only use 1 thread on 10 or more. This is a poor use of the computer for my app ! May be, some of you have opinion on this subject. Have a good time !

A limited parallelism can be obtained in sequence operations, by feeding each element pair to separate threads

sequence A = {7, 12, 15, 19} 
sequence B = {16, 119, 121, 162} 
sequence C = A + B 
--- feed 7 + 16 to one thread, 12 + 119 to 2nd  thread, 15 + 121 to third thread and 19 + 162 to 4th thread 
new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu