Re: What is the status of Euphoria V4.10?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
_tom said...
archeopteryx_08 said...

Is there a list of these other tasks, somewhere, to prompt us to consider what skills we can offer apart from programming?

-Arch

Start with an itch, a small itch. Just to identify the itch and mention it on the forum would be progress.

_tom

Well, now that you mention an itch, I've always wanted to know how to create a cross-platform program. I've only ever written programs for Windows - and console ones at that. Suppose i write something that gets user input (eg their height in feet/inches) and displays the result of some processing (eg their height in cm). How do i make it work on a Linux and a Mac console? Do i need to add some extra code and, if so, can i see some minimalist source to see what i need to do? Do i need to have a Linux and a Mac computer and bind, shroud, or compile the original program on all three machines separately and then supply the executable that's relevant to them? That would be my itch...

_Arch

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu