Re: What is the status of Euphoria V4.10?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
lgregg said...

Did I read that there is a bug in the switch statement which prevents V4.10 from being rolled out as the current version?

That is correct. The bug consists of a failure when a function (builtin functions only, AFAIK) is used in the switch statement, for example:

switch sin(x) do 
   case... 

In my opinion, that is unlikely to be used much, but it is a bug, and may be difficult to exterminate. As for other uses of the switch statement, all I can say is EuGTK uses hundreds of switch statements, and I've not had a problem.

said...

Since it appears that we have a lack of developers: 1) is the development language C or C+ + or what? 2) is it possible to develop Euphoria in Euphoria? This would be, as the Tiki Wiki people like to say, "... eating our own dog food!"

C, and yes, Euphoria-in-Euphoria has been done. I can't remember exactly where that can be found, someone else will know. For speed, however, some of the language just needs to be written in hand-optimized C.

If you'd like to read the whole thread about this: https://openeuphoria.org/forum/131762.wc#131762

If you are familiar with C, then perhaps you could help here.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu