Re: Some initial clarifications

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

First of all, I want to thank all the people that have answered and to all involved in developing and maintaining this environment. For sure it's a lot of work, but I'm also sure that you do this and feel happy doing it!

irv said...

EuGTK could do this using Cairo graphics, which might be fast enough for your use. GTK also supports OpenGL, which would be faster, but I haven't spent much time with that, so can't comment on the difficulty.

Have you looked at the EuGTK documentation and demos? I think you'll find GTK very easy to use. The GTK.org documentation itself is not a good place to start - they make things harder than necessary. EuGTK "wraps" many of the more tedious gtk operations so that they are easier to use.

I took a look and it really doesn't seem difficult to do the basic stuff, at least. Cairo? Never done anything with it, although I've seen it many times. Hope can have some help on it from knowledgeable people in this forum.

irv said...

Linux 64-bit is on the downloads page, but if you prefer an easier install, I've put a .deb package here: https://sites.google.com/site/euphoriagtk/Home

I saw it, thanks. It's not at the top, then there were older version and I didn't scrolled more downwards. It could be at the top like the other versions, no?

euphoric said...

Are you experienced with Red? That language has so much potential. I wish they'd hurry up and get to 1.0.

I'm not experienced. Did some scripts, a web scrapping once, recently have done some scripts to solve AdventOfCode puzzles. I like the language, very good potential, but for my use don't want to use it.

petelomax said...

OE does not do parallelism. I have done multi-threading in both C and phix, and found the latter significantly easier, but then again I am slightly biased.

So does multi-threading use only one core?

petelomax said...

Re Phix: Sadly, although I try my best, it is not entirely unfair to suggest that. I am a one-man band and spend more time on Windows than Linux. Conversely OE might actually be better supported on Linux than Windows(?)

I admire your work. To implement a language in assembly when almost no one does it, reveals a lot about the character of a person. It's in line with MenuetOS and asmttpd web server. There are some projects that could get a little bit more resources that could make a big difference. Instead, people herd like sheep...

_tom said...

There is only the sequence type which may simulate a 2D array

s = { { 1,2,3 },  
      { 4,5,6 },  
      { 7,8,9 } }  

Item 9 is s[3,3] ; a row is s[1], only column thinking is a bit different in the sequence world (but we have routines that take care of this).

You may find Phix indexing to be more flexible than oE indexing because Phix allows negative values for indexes.

You would have to show us what you expect from item 5 which is s[2][2]; I am not familiar with genetic algorithms.

This is for the clustering algorithm. Suppose that each of those numbers are in fact sequences, to apply a euphoria/phix nomenclature. And I have to compare some of the atoms of nr. 5 to the corresponding atoms of each of the other eight sequences around it. And this should be repeated to all of the other sequences, in reality, it could be hundreds, thousands. And if the project goes live, could be much more. Since there is no parallelism, does multi-threading help here? Are sequences implemented as C arrays, not as linked lists?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu