Re: Display arguments sliced from a sequence

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Your surmise is correct, Irv, but complicated by the fact that the tree is sufficiently deep that the whole tree cannot be displayed at one time; each descriptor is 12 characters (letters) wide. For a 16-level tree, the bottom level is 32,768 * 12 characters wide. The system works (or used to work) by using a system of "relative nodes". The original displayed tree was only 3 levels deep (with the increased window size, I can probably go to 4 levels). The number of characters displayed decreases as the tree descends. The cursor is initially at the top node. One descends the tree by pressing the left or right key. After each such selection, the tree is re-displayed with the selected node being the new top node, hence the need for the "rn-loc" matrix (relative node location). I think I see now that the sequence-slice can be accessed without reference to "slice". In fact, it is not clear what the purpose of "slice" really is. Thanks to both Irv and Chris for both of you continuing insights. Allen

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu