Re: Windows display questions

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

You can run Linux from a USB Drive and be happy.

I have started a new topic on installing and running Porteus Linux. All you will need is a USB Drive and the ability to tinker with the computer bios so you can boot from it. You will not have to alter your existing Windows OS.

This way you can decide if Linux is truly compatible with the way you think.

I have SSD drives on all my computers. Actually, Windows will eat SSD drives faster than Linux because Microsoft writes perverse logs continuously (and then downloads everything back to Microsoft). You do not have to spend a lot of money to get the largest and fastest drive; put the OS on the SSD and use a hard drive (I use external drives) to keep your files. I always buy external USB drives in pairs; the second one is used to backup everything on the first drive. My "obsolete" netbook from ten years ago is still working just fine.

Using Porteus I can open a terminal that was 54x200 instead of the default 24x80.

You can use Porteus to demo oE and Phix; and then move on to a proper installation.

_tom

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu