Re: Call to c_func() short-circuited

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Chris said,

"so, you're calling a c_func - have you defined it somewhere, would be useful to see that. Also what's the purpose of the function (if it's just to read a file, might read_file() here be appropriate?"

I appreciatively reply,

I wrote the code 15 to 20 years ago (when I was only 70) to operate in DOS. I am struggling to rejuvenate the program which was at the time, and will be again, very useful to me. (Confession: I am not a programmer. It is the only thing I ever wrote in Euphoria, but I was delighted with the language.) I am told that Euphoria 4 dos not support DOS. My foggy recollection is that I had to use c functions, presumably because "read_file" was not available then. I would be happy (read ecstatic) to use read_file now, but I see that I will need std/io.e which I am unable to locate. The Standard Library website has not been updated since 2013 and is now devoid of useful information.

Fundamental question: If I am able to find std/io.e, can I use everything in it with Euphoria 3?

Allen

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu