Euphoria Translate to C, and run anywhere changes

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

I invite you all to checkout my fork https://github.com/shawnpringle/euphoria and check to see if it compiles and tests on Windows or 64-bit platforms.

I would like to see people try it out and report to me any problems. I will be sending it to the main-trunk unless there are issues like if I accidentally threw away changes.

Theoretically, you should be able to create software in Euphoria, and then translate it to C, and then take this C file and compile it anywhere you can compile Euphoria and it will simply work as long as you don't use the standard library!

You see, the standard library relies on ifdef statements for platform discrimination, and ideally this branch should convert these ifdef statements to #ifdef C statements but it's not there yet.

Dependencies should be working properly now. So you only need to do:

sh configure && make test 

Doing this, will not cross compile, but I want to see if it works properly on the same-platform of course. Also it is welcome if you translate on one and then compile the interpreter on another and see how it works if at all, but as ifdefs are used all over the place by the standard library and the Euphoria interpreter uses that, it is possible it wont work even if completely bug free.

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu