Re: Compiling to platform independent code

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

So far it is just cross platform (LINUX, Windows, BSD) but not cross architecture (32-bit, 64-bit).

While trying to figure out what options were needed for a Windows build, I found that generation of Makefiles had a flaw: it would always build makefiles for the platform you are on even when alternative platforms were specified. I have a fix for that now, too but I have not done the testing of that fix yet to my satisfaction so I am going to hold off on committing and uploading that one. I want to make sure I didn't accidentally break something.

I need to merge my changes into 4.1 in order to make code generated portable across register sizes (32-bit, 64-bit). I still feel like an idiot sometimes trying to work with git. Can anyone tell me how to merge? This is my last command output uploading to github:

Counting objects: 66, done. 
Delta compression using up to 2 threads. 
Compressing objects: 100% (8/8), done. 
Writing objects: 100% (8/8), 2.22 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done. 
Total 8 (delta 7), reused 0 (delta 0) 
To /home/alumno/development/euphoria-github 
   1fcb6f3..730bb03  git -> git 

How do I merge this into 4.1 and checkout 4.1?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu