Re: Can OpenEuphoria Help Solve This?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
euphoric said...

The Uncracked Number Problem

I seem to recall a "Big Num" library from long ago. Maybe you'll need that. grin

Good luck!

P.S. The follow up video: 74 is cracked

I'm a big fan of Brady Haran, especially Numberphile and Objectivity. I recommend his podcasts as well, if that's your thing: Hello Internet and The Unmade Podcast.

But I would say that, no, Euphoria is probably not well suited for this, at least in its current state.

These types of brute-force problems require massively parallel systems that can crunch numbers at an astronomical rate.

I supposed you could probably get something going using a message queuing system of some sort, and then scale it out to however many nodes you want working on the problem.

But at that rate, if you want the fastest possible speed, you'd probably use C or Assembly directly on a big CPU, like a Ryzen or Core i9.

There are a couple big number libraries in the archive. I also have a wrapper for tiny-bignum-c if anyone is interested.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu