Phix DLL dependency issue

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Hi Pete,

I have a full IUP installation on my machine (I use it with other languages) and I updated to IUP 3.25 / CD 5.11.1 last week.
To my great surprise Phix then stopped being able to run any PGui programs. The error reported was that it was unable to load iupcontrols.dll.

A bit of digging showed that iupcontrols was fine but it seems to have an internal dependency on something in another iup-related dll and was missing a particular function. (I haven't looked at the interdependencies in detail yet)

By replacing all the iup dlls in PGui\win32 with the ones from my installation, everything works again.
It looks like Windies is loading my system32 dlls for dependencies because that's close to the front of the library search order.
Incidentally, this also fixes my problem with simple_paint which now also runs fine.

What I would like is for Phix to use my existing IUP installation and deal with binding errors myself.
I will have a look at doing this (in a sanitary way if such a thing is possible).

As far as I can tell, the only easy way to get stuff loaded ahead of system32 is to put it in the directory the exe is in.

Les

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu