Re: Is this forum prepared for the GDPR?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ChrisB said...

Hi ABC

We can all be wrong, and I am the first to admit it when I am,

I made a mistake here.

ChrisB said...

but Streetlend were a UK website, based / registered in Paris (France) Domain registrant hoster, and hence bound by GDPR,

Yes, I made a typo. I meant UK.

ChrisB said...

and Streetlend chose to shut down before they had to comply because it was simply less hassle, they weren't forced too, but sadly I think that this is what will happen to many small businesses, not just net related ones.

Yes. This was my point. This does not bode well for the 'multi-billion dollar industry' - because the point was never about the money.

ChrisB said...

I think all the suggestions made so far are sensible ones, and will demonstrate that due thought and consideration has been given to the GDPR, and will obviously be taken into account if there is a data breach, so it makes sense to limit the data held. I think any common sense organisation that polices this will look at these efforts, look at the size of the organisation, and decide it's not worth their while pursuing, or maybe just sending a letter to the owner of the openeuphoria.org.

Yes, I agree.

ChrisB said...

I really don't think that Euphoria has too much to worry about.

It does appear that the right people are thinking about it and have a plan. Euphoric is being a bit silly about this, but otherwise I

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu