Re: Is this forum prepared for the GDPR?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Is there a need to store any personal data on this website. I think not.

All we need is a list of approved passwords that allow access to the website. A password does not have to be linked to any other information. Indeed, many passwords are linked to fake emails as it is.

We can not stop a password being assigned to a troll because they just invent a new fake email. If we insist on a real email then we increase the work the troll needs by a small amount. Without an email authentication it becomes too easy for robots to spam a website. But, no need to keep the email address.

Google knows, or at least tries very hard. When I first started using the Opera browser I got pages from Norway. Now that I have "location" turned off, Google reminds me to turn it back on, and tells me "I think you are in this city, and in this part of the city..." We are petty actors in comparison.

If we erase all personal data today then we should be prepared for GDPR.

_tom

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu