Re: Phix segfault

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Ahem. Now let's not be shy here, Pete, deep breath...

trace has never worked on Linux, and, given my other commitments, getting it to work will require a concerted effort, over possibly quite some time.

Install Evan's debugger. Note that as I did that quite some time ago, I have version 0.9.18 - two later versions now exist but I remember that I could not get 0.9.20 to compile.

Run ./p -d p to create a list.asm for reference, then run edb --run ./p test

That led me to pTrace.e line 924: blankScreen = save_text_image({1,1},consoleSize).

First, see if you can do the same - search list.asm for the failure address shown in edb, and ask questions if/when you get stuck.

Then, realising the problem was that consoleSize was unassigned, I changed line 1436 in builtins\VM\pTrace.e from

--DEV more... 
        screenLines = 25 
        blankScreen = {} 

to

--DEV more... 
        screenLines = 25 
        screenCols = 80 
        blankScreen = {} 
        consoleSize = {screenLines,screenCols} 

then recompiled (./p -c p) and it got a wee bit further but crashed a little more cryptically (sorry).

With three (or more?) people trying similar small steps, we may (no promises) make slow and painful progress.

Leaving it to me all by my lonesome, the only thing I can guarantee is it will take much longer....

Pete

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu