Re: Important question?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ghaberek said...
katsmeow said...

You can do better than that! This is valid code (just not in Euphoria or Phix) :

teststringexec { 
  set -u0 %test echo -s hello! 
  %test 
} 
I used it 20 years ago, and i still do, and i still want it, and other features, in OE

Curious. What is this code supposed to do? What language is this? What do you used it for? (testing, it seems)

-Greg

It's just a minimal snippet to show string execution. Here's one that tests a variable ($3) for safety to execute before calling the code to execute:

; then do the command: 
      .timer 1 %eu.antiflood $3-  
This would be code candy in Eu, but everyone who wants to do this must write that code:
set %Eu. [ $+ [ # ] $+ . $+ [ %net ] ] yes 
-- Or do 
set %Eusock.need. [ $+ [ $2 ] $+ . $+ [ $3 ] ] yes 
It's important because i can set or unset all variables (wild)named %Eu.* , and list all the variable names. I can list all the %Eu.* variables associated with a specific #. The program builds unique but grouped variable names which i do not need to know when i am writing the code, but are still useable during execution. Is like a macro for a cell in a table of interlocked data.

I wish, in a way, i could give you more examples, but much like those who left Euphoria, i deleted megabytes of source code. I'd rather not say what the language is.

Kat

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu