Re: Important question?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

This is sort of a ramble, but:

I like the Euphoria language. I can write code faster with Euphoria than any other language I have ever used (c,basic,python,java,etc.). It really is a rapid development solution. I like the fact that I can generate .exe files for deployment that don't require other software being installed (and maintained) on the users machine (like the java engine). I, too, have a wish list for additions to the language; but, they would require modifications to the compiler. The documentation (except for a few errors that never seem to get fixed) is easy to use and excellent.

As to the fact (undeniable) that Euphoria is dying I am at a loss. It pays to advertise! There a quite a few sites that discuss the many languages out there but one rarely sees Euphoria listed. Most lists include niche languages like Forth, Smalltalk, etc. but not Euphoria. Perhaps we could figure out how to get Euphoria added to some of these lists. Then, there is always youtube. A few videos pushing Euphoria as an easy beginner's language.

Phix: This is an impressive project, especially since it's a one man show. I really must ask the question...why? Why not put that energy into improving Euphoria?

Manpower: This is a tough one! I am willing to help; however, there are two important points. I am not a very good programmer (more of a hacker) and there does not seem to be much information about things like design philosophy, procedure lists & function, etc. Apart from comments in the code I haven't found much.

I have been looking around for a replacement language. No success, yet.

Regards, jd

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu