Re: Important question?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jessedavis said...

It seems to me that there are three important questions that need to be asked and answered in a thoughtful way.

I have a lot to say about this and I've been having a hard time getting my words together. Chris covered it pretty well, but I'll do my best to share what I have to say.

jessedavis said...

1. What is the future of euphoria?

In a word, uncertain. We need someone with enough A. time and B. technical capacity to merge a couple branches, build for all the platforms, and actually get out a release for 4.1. The problem I've had over the past few years is that while my technical skills have advanced quite well, my free time has continued to dwindled. I don't see that improving, honestly.

jessedavis said...

2. What is the future of the forum?

This is why I put up the (unfortunately contentious) survey. I wanted to know what we should focus on since our resources are so limited. I'm currently working on some code to help streamline web development based on what I've learned from other languages like Python and .NET.

jessedavis said...

3. What is happening to the archives?

Everything over at rapideuphoria.com is under Rob's control, sort-of. I'm sure he's beholden to his hositng provider. That being said, I think the absence of The Archive is now our strongest motivation to rewrite the website. Forum, News, all of it.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu