Re: Using MS Visual Studio Code with Euphoria

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
irv said...

But back on topic, what is it about VS Code that makes it so good? I tried it, and it didn't do anything that interested me.

I guess it's just the way it lets me work on my code. Like I said, I originally got it because I was working on Node.js and PHP code, and wanted an editor with integrated capabilities syntax highlighting, etc. and useful for projects with large source directories. If you've ever worked with Node.js, you know the source directory can get huge once you start installing modules.

I got used to the way it works. For example, Ctrl+p let's you use "fuzzy search" to open a document from the project tree you're currently using. This might not seem like a big deal on small projects with one directory of source, but my projects had multiple directories with multiple similarly-named files. I could hit Ctrl+p, starting typing letters in the name, and pick it out from the list. This is far better (faster and easier) than "File>Open" in any other editor. (I think Sublime and Atom might have the same functionality; not sure.)

Of course, it has "IntelliSense," which recognizes function and procedure names, as well as variables, so it can auto-complete these if you want. Very nice!

It has, in my experience, been the editor that lets me code faster and more efficiently than any other.

Now, this functionality could probably easily be added to Wee or Edita or Edix, and I look forward to that day... But, for now, MS VSC is just the best (for me).

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu