Re: Assertion failed! Microsoft C++ Runtime Library

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
euphoric said...

With that particular error, I haven't been able to pinpoint where it's crashing. I'm not as skilled in that regard as some of you guys! smile

I think the first step is to see if you can reliably reproduce the problem. Which button press triggers the problem? How are you performing the networking parts? (raw Eu sockets, Eu HTTP, wxNet calls?) There's going to be a point at which your code leaves off an the internals of the interpreter take over, which then crashes. I'd just like to know what the last call in your code is before that happens.

euphoric said...

The weird thing is, it works on MOST of the PCs that run it, but some (recently) are starting to have this problem. I'm wondering if something changed in Windows since the last time I compiled this code.

It's entirely possible that the version of the C++ Runtime Library has changed on some of these machines via Automatic Updates. I would cross-check them against each other to eliminate that as a possible cause.

euphoric said...

I can make all the code available to you, if you think that would help, but it would have to be off-site.

Let's cross that bridge if we get to it.

euphoric said...

Looks like I'm using Euphoria 4.0.5, revision date 2012-10-11.

Should I update?!

I would maybe try using a build of 4.1.0 to see if that helps, but only if you can actively reproduce the problem.

http://openeuphoria.org/news/332.wc

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu