Re: OT: Gender Bias In SW Development

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
katsmeow said...
jimcbrown said...

to become a dev all one really has to do is ask. No one who has applied has ever been refused.

I wrote a reply. It's being held in "moderation".

Yes, it is. This is because, even though it otherwise fits in fine with the CodeOfConduct, it still is a violation of the peace treaty that ryanj came up with. Specifically, you're not allowed to use the useless_ username anymore.

So the reason it hasn't been released from moderation yet is because there has not been a decision made on what to do about this violation as of yet.

But, my reply to your reply is below.

katsmeow said...
jimcbrown said...

to become a dev all one really has to do is ask. No one who has applied has ever been refused.

Yeas, me being a dev worked out really well. </sarcasm>

Well, the point was that no one who ever applied has ever been refused. Of course, I grant you that not everyone necessarily _WANTS_ to become a dev in the first place. We have a number of prominent users (such as irv and petelomax and andi49 and rkdavis/ukscone) who code in Euphoria but have chosen not to become devs. rkdavis was even offered the choice to become a dev (but never responded to the offer).

katsmeow said...

I was denied ability to edit the wiki, write readmes, write how-tos,

Any ordinary forum users has the ability to do this. You currently have the ability to do this too, if you are so inclined.

Like any user, this ability can be taken away on a per-user basis if it is abused (e.g. by constantly writing wiki articles that violate the CodeOfConduct and ignoring warnings to stop).

katsmeow said...

and moderate this forum.

I don't recall that you ever asked to join the team. That aside, as a practical matter, I have a hard time seeing someone who doesn't fit into the dev team being able to work well with the moderator team.

katsmeow said...

And a good many of my posts here were edited or deleted.

Well, at least you are in good company. So have many others. Even Derek, a full admin here, has likewise expericed such moderation on his posts. E.g.

http://openeuphoria.org/euweb.cgi?module=forum&action=deleted_message&id=126576

http://openeuphoria.org/euweb.cgi?module=forum&action=deleted_message&id=122263

katsmeow said...

The last great target for improving Eu was string execution in the name space and var space of the originating code.

Yes, and I actually did write up some code to that end.

katsmeow said...

It will never happen in Eu,

... and I actually did write up some code to that end.

http://openeuphoria.org/forum/127270.wc#127270

katsmeow said...

If you recall, i quit because of the constant fighting.

In fact, I specifically do not recall this. Back then, there was a lot of converstation, and a lot of passionate argument about people's pet ideas and so on, but not so much actual verbal (or written) fighting.

Today, the only active dev is Shawn. So we can guarantee that there is no more fighting between devs now! (Unless Shawn is into the habit of arguing with himself...)

katsmeow said...

If i was for something, everyone else was against.

Well, not literally true. A counter-example: I was for goto.

katsmeow said...

Eu is dead.

This was the only part that I couldn't refute.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu