Re: Iup Testsetup Win32

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
xecronix said...
_tom said...

When will REDY be finished?

And this is the single best question I've seen on the topic so far. There are a few possible answers. Here are some...

1. I haven't been able to locate a road map. So in it's absence I would have to say that it will be done when Ryan single handedly completes the task. Though I think I recall reading that Ryan is planning a December release but, I'm not researching that to double check my facts.
  2. The effort could be sped up if other members of the community helped via a organized effort.
  3. Software is almost never finished.

So that last possible answer is quite interesting. Maybe if the question was reworded a bit to say "When will Redy be able to do the things I wish it could do right now?" If you're asking when Redy will be ready, is it too presumptuous of me to assume that it's because other available solutions do not meet your needs/requirements? If that's the case, what are your needs/requirements? And how are the available solutions failing you?

I don't have a road map because it keeps changing. tongue I am single-handedly working to get Redy to the point where there is a clear road map, usable release, and good documentation so others can not only use it, but be able to help develop it.

I am currently working on a way to run redy programs from source using whatever version of euphoria and redylib is needed. I'm also working on the specification for RedyCode projects. I'm almost finished, then I will work on releasing an alpha version of RedyCode in the next few weeks.

I understand Redy probably isn't the best candidate for an officially supported GUI right now. It is an ambitious project that could take another year or two to really compete with other widget toolkits. However, it is complete enough to be useful if you know how to use it (unfortunately, no one does because of lack of documentation).

Just so everyone understands, RedyCode is not going to be just another euphoria editor. It will be very specialized. You could compare it to the IDE for Visual Basic, perhaps. It will be closely integrated into the Redy environment and do lots of tricks to help you build code in a semi-automatic context-sensitive way. Theoretically, it will be extremely easy to use, but it really won't be suited for writing programs that use other GUI libraries or text console programs.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu