Re: a question about foreach construct

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
SDPringle said...

You can add this by creating a preprocessor.

That would be great, but without a way to easily chew up the language and spit it back out, the preprocessor is effectively broken.

I've attempted write my own preprocessors for a few things and the smaller ones work well enough, but once it reaches a certain level of complexity I basically end up trying to write my own recursive-descent parser based on the included Euphoria tokenizer.

I don't think I should have to go through that much effort to write a preprocessor. I don't think the preprocessor should rely on ad hoc string parsing solutions to do its job. We should have a way to cleanly encounter bits of the language and interrupt or override the token stream with our own pieces.

I'm not trying to poo-poo your idea. It's a great idea. We just don't have a less-than-painfully-difficult way to implement it right now.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu