Re: OT: Gender Bias In SW Development

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...
katsmeow said...

After all the polished and well-considered words said up till now in this thread, I think it needs some words from reality.

...i tossed him over my shoulder thru the double doors, and he landed in the middle of the meeting...

...i managed to flip a guy who had my arms pinned from behind in the parking lot... i had kicked the cash drawer shut on his fingers, and i was holding his bat to his head...

I can only say that I wished it actually worked out this way in reality.

Apparently it does still work this way in reality: Zara Adil, age 21, was clerking the family store Feb 27 2015, when two males attempted to rob it. Within ~20 seconds, she had shot one robber in his shoulder with his own gun, and during the next 20 seconds chased the fleeing robber and took the cash drawer out of his hands twice. It's been in the news, complete with the store security camera video.

Reminds me of some other events, which are't involving co-workers or software.

I dislike a guns a lot, but guns are what men will respect while they don't respect the women holding the gun.

Kat

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu