Re: OpenEuphoria's Strategy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

For myself, I was against dropping DOS support, and dropping support for other compilers. The argument was is that we were a small dev team but somehow there is always energy to change things like what happens when you pass an atom to length, to add function "in lining" and add delayed referencing. I don't like the way ifdef symbols work. I think Euphoria ought to have only one symbol table.

We have probably over-exploded the feature set of Euphoria. It is beyond our volunteer time (aka time not earning money, or being with family) but a labor of love as it were, to really squash all of the bugs.

Suppose we have one thousand users and one hundred became pay voters. Features could be voted on by these one hundred to implement or not. To become a voter, you would need to pay some monthly dues of say ten dollars. Maybe this incentive system wont work for Euphoria's user base but I suppose it might work with some other project's user base.

Shawn

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu