Re: Moderation

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...
katsmeow said...
euphoric said...
katsmeow said...

Your posts prior to mine claim i am nick john1988, but i am not.

A post by john1988 was signed "useless." Of course it was you. Do you want to suggest that someone stole your identity and posted as you, or do you want to confess.

Of course it was you.

I am saying someone else signed as nick useless, if what you say is true. Surely jimcbrown (aka iamlost) has the IP address of that poster.

Kat

Since you invited me to reply, I shall do so.

I do in fact have that information. Here it is. This information is provided as-is, with no warranty. As promised, I refrain from drawing any conclusions or opinions from this.

Last known ip address of john1988, circa 2014-04-22: [REDACTED]7.183

ip address of useless_, circa 2014-04-22: [REDACTED]7.183

Wait a minute, we posted on the same day from the same ip?!?

Edit: i just checked my irc logs, and i joined #Euphoria at 6:17:41pm cst from ip [REDACTED]7.183. I joined to say "I'd need to point out someone deleted another of my posts." etc. Either someone in that channel decided to spoof the ip, or more likely someone with admin on this site altered the deleted post to sign it john1988. I wouldn't use the same ip to sign up as someone else, i'd have used Tor.

Kat

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu