Re: Moderation

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ryanj said...

Was it a "personal attack"? I suppose...

Then jim is in the right.

ryanj said...

...but it was only against the one doing the moderation.

Irrelevant.

ryanj said...

Now she will be even more upset...

So?

ryanj said...

...she is bitter and you have complete control over what she can and can't say here, and it's just your word against hers. When will this stop?

When she is banned from the forum?

ryanj said...

She is part of the Euphoria community...

By a thread. (No pun intended.)

ryanj said...

she does have valuable ideas and contributions to this community.

Debatable. Our dev team > one person.

ryanj said...

So, this is what i suggest for both of you.

Reasonable suggestions, but you obviously don't know kat. She can't behave. If she was just persnickety, her eccentricities would be tolerable given her passion for coding. I really wish there was a reasonable kat, because she does have good ideas and obvious skills and a love for all of it. How awesome would that be? She could be the queen of Euphoria! I mean, how many females we got parsing this forum? She really should take advantage of that circumstance. grin

jimcbrown deleting posts is diplomacy.

ryanj said...

It's just your word against hers.

It's the dev team's word against hers. While jim may act with autonomy in our name, it's not like we're unaware of the circumstances or can be. Jim- and all the dev team and admins- have proven to be reasonable and level-headed and all of us have only the best intentions for Euphoria in mind. I don't even need proof. If Matt or Derek or Jim or any of the other admins or devs do something without evidence, they have earned my trust- and the community's- to not be questioned. Of course, I'm not blind. If they wanted to censor you, for example, or David Cuny (that belligerent old codger!*), I might have to have a little evidence... blink

*said with great humor and affection! tongue

EDIT ADD: I want also to say that Kat has advocates on the dev/admin team(s). Whereas I am usually adamantly opposed to kat's interactions in our public forums, Derek has a more patient approach. I think we all appreciate Kat's coding passion and ability; we just differ on how acceptable she is for public exposure.

ryanj said...

...because nobody wants to hear what "useless" has to say. But I would like to hear what "Kat" has to say.

That's reasonable. In this case, I defer to jim.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu